Downtown, East, South, and West YMCAs
EnhanceFitness is a proven senior fitness and arthritis management program that improves your endurance, strength, balance and flexibility. It reduces arthritis symptoms with safe, low impact exercises led by certified instructors in a relaxed atmosphere that promotes fun, laughter, friendship and smiles. This 16 week program includes pre and post fitness assessments to measure progress, aerobic activity to safely increase heart rate, strengthening exercises using soft ankle and wrist weights, and opportunities to socialize and build friendships.
- A certified instructor with special training to bring out their physical best
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobics workout that gets participants moving, or a walking workout to lively music
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle or wrist weights
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep muscles flexible
- Multiple balance exercises
- Lots of opportunities to socialize and make new friends
“Participating in EnhanceFitness has improved my golf game! SilverSneakers yoga improved my flexibility but now I am stronger and play better.” – West Y EnhanceFitness participant
Contact YMCA Intake Coordinator for more information or to get started
316-219-9622 ext 5596 | Email
- Downtown YMCA: Class schedule: June 13 – September 30 | Mon, Wed, and Fri at 1:30-2:30p
Instructors: Debbie (Studio B)
- East YMCA: Class schedule: July 6 – October 21 | Mon, Wed, and Fri at 11:30a-12:30p
Instructors: Trish & Frances (Spirit Studio)
- West YMCA: Class schedule: July 6 – October 21 | Mon, Wed, and Fri at 1:30-2:30p
Cost: Members FREE (repeat sessions $60) | Non-members $140 (pay in full, or bank draft over 4 months) Eligible for Income Based Financial Assistance (IBFA)
The Y offers specialized classes customized for active older adults. Whether you're looking to start exercising, need support during rehabilitation, or want to stay fit, we're here for you. Classes include yoga, water aerobics, balance & more.
NEW Boomer Classes!
Feel better with our NEW Boomer Classes at the Y! Exercises designed for members who are 50+ that focus on low impact and lower intensity that support good form and are a great workout.
Find Classes | View/Download Brochure
The Y partners with SilverSneakers to offer signature group exercise classes designed for older adults and led by trained instructors.
- Muscular Strength & Range of Motion
- Cardio Circuit
- Silver Splash
- Yoga Stretch
In 2015, 84 percent of SilverSneakers members complete moderate to vigorous aerobic activity three or more times per week, and 94 percent state that they are in good or excellent health while 90 percent report more energy to accomplish daily activities.
When you share your time with the Y, you’re helping to change lives for the better. Plus, building relationships, staying active and continuing to develop new skills are important elements to ageless living. Consider working as a volunteer with the YMCA.