West and South YMCAs
EnhanceFitness is a proven senior fitness and arthritis management program that improves your endurance, strength, balance and flexibility. It reduces arthritis symptoms with safe, low impact exercises led by certified instructors in a relaxed atmosphere that promotes fun, laughter, friendship and smiles. This 16 week program includes pre and post fitness assessments to measure progress, aerobic activity to safely increase heart rate, strengthening exercises using soft ankle and wrist weights, and opportunities to socialize and build friendships.
- A certified instructor with special training to bring out their physical best
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobics workout that gets participants moving, or a walking workout to lively music
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle or wrist weights
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep muscles flexible
- Multiple balance exercises
- Lots of opportunities to socialize and make new friends
Enrollment begins in June! Contact YMCA Intake Coordinator for more information or to get started:
- 316-219-9622 ext 5596
The Y offers specialized classes customized for active older adults. Whether you're looking to start exercising, need support during rehabilitation, or want to stay fit, we're here for you:
- Water Arthritis
- Tai Chi
The Y partners with SilverSneakers to offer signature group exercise classes designed for older adults and led by trained instructors.
- Muscular Strength & Range of Motion
- Cardio Circuit
- Silver Splash
- Yoga Stretch
When you share your time with the Y, you’re helping to change lives for the better. Plus, building relationships, staying active and continuing to develop new skills are important elements to ageless living. Consider working as a volunteer with the YMCA.