- 100 Mile Swim Club - Challenge yourself to swim 100 miles over the course of a year and earn a a free t-shirt.
- Battle of the Bulge (Thanksgiving - New Year’s) - Avoid weight gain over the holidays and finish the year strong with a personal challenge.
- Racquetball Tournament (January) - Test your skills on the court with this annual event for all skill levels.
- Fitness Expo (June) - Be one of the first to experience new techniques coming to your group exercise classes by joining us for master classes taught by an internationally renowned trainer.
- Summer Slim Down Bootcamp (June-August) - Join a group of your peers to drop the pounds in this 10-week bootcamp! Great for all fitness levels, a YMCA Certified Personal Trainer will help you achieve your goals while you make new friends.
Jun - Aug, Meets 3 times a week. FEE: $125 for Y Members/$200 for community participants
- Outlaw Duathlon (August)
- Monster Bash Family 5K (October) - Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself with a great fall race for the whole family at the North Y.
- Frosty 5K Fun Run (Jan. 1) - Start your new year off right with a brisk 5K run or walk downtown on New Year’s morning. Results.
- Wag & Walk 5K (March) - Grab your favorite four-legged friend for this fun trail run at picturesque Camp Hyde.
- Gladiator Run (March) - Enjoy the fun and challenge of overcoming 10 obstacles along a 5K trail course at YMCA Camp Hyde.
- Storm the Dam Trail (June) - Enjoy a marathon, half marathon, 10K or 5K run along the nature trails of El Dorado State Lake. 2013 Results
2013-2014 Indoor Triathlon Calendar (Dates TBD)
- November - South YMCA
- December - West YMCA
- January - East YMCA
- February - Downtown YMCA
- March - Andover YMCA
- April - North YMCA
- May - Northwest YMCA (championship)
Indoor Triathlon distances: 500 yd swim, 6 mile bike, 2 mile run
Outdoor Triathlon distances: 500 yd swim, 10 mile bike, 2.5 mile run
Compete in indoor triathlons November-May as part of our Triathlon Cup series. Earn points based on time, place and events completed.
Triathlon Cup brochure coming soon (PDF) >