Progressive, monthly classes for ages 6 months through adult. Learn the basics, then build your skills and develop your technique. Private, partner and group lessons also available.
Why learn to swim?
- Swimming develops all muscle groups evenly
- Each year, over 8,000 people learn to swim at the Y
- Drowning is the leading cause of death in children age 1 - 5 yrs
- It may take 30-80 swim lessons to learn to swim independently
- Skills will dwindle if swimmers practice only in the summer!
Why the Y?
- Small class sizes (6:1) for one-on-one attention
- Curriculum focused on safety & core skill development
- Nationally-certified instructors
- Tools to help track progress and mark achievements
Register online or at your local Y for swim lessons
- Swim Academy (ages 6-18). A progressive performance-based program that cultivates more intensive swim skill development. Available at all YMCA locations.
- Swim Team (ages 6-16). Train year-round and compete in local, state, and national meets. Available at Andover & Northwest YMCAs.
Register at your local YMCA for swim academy, swim pre-team, or swim team.
Take your skills to the next level with our fitness-oriented Master’s Swim Club for ages 18 and up or challenge yourself in our 100-mile swim club.