Spring is here and that means better weather and a desire for faster, healthier meals - try our April Recipe of the Month tonight.
HERB AND LEMON COUSCOUS
(Makes 8 Servings)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4T extra-virgin olive oil
- 4T fresh, chopped parsley
- Black pepper, kosher salt, red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Set broth, in a medium saucepan, over a medium heat to boil.
- While broth is heating, run cold water over couscous until it runs clear.
- Once broth is at a rolling boil, add couscous, cover with lid, and remove from heat.
- Let the pan stand for 10-15 minutes until broth is absorbed/couscous is cooked.
- Fluff with a fork and pour lemon juice and oil over couscous. Stir until evenly distributed. Season, to taste.
- Enjoy warm or refrigerate - great cold or microwaved the next day.
Finish the meal with a cup of fresh, seasonal fruit and a glass of water or iced tea.