BYO Enchilada Bowl
Build Your Own Enchilada Bowl
- 8 c. of shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 c. cooked, southwest seasoned meat (such as shredded chicken, ground beef, shredded pork, etc.)
- 1 1/2 c. cooked brown rice or quinoa (prepared according to package directions)
- 1 1/2 c. black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 c. canned corn, drained, rinsed
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 10oz. can enchilada sauce
- Optional garnish: cilantro, fat free plain Greek yogurt, tomatoes, sliced avocado, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, salsa
- Set out 6 bowls or plates.
- Top each with 2 c. of lettuce
- Top lettuce with 1/4 cup each of cooked meat, cooked rice or quinoa, black beans and corn.
- Evenly divide sliced bell peppers on the bowls.
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce across the top of each bowl. Top with your favorite garnishes and enjoy!
Complete the meal with a glass of low-fat milk and kiwi slices.