JUNE RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Farmers Market Fresh Strawberry Basil Panini
Ingredients (you can find many of these ingredients at your local farmers market):
- 3 oz. of your favorite cheese (try fresh mozzarella or sharp cheddar)
- 6 slices of your favorite whole wheat bread
- ¾ c. sliced fresh strawberries
- 6 large basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Add cheese to 1 side of three slices of bread.
- Layer with strawberries, then basil leaves.
- Top with remaining bread halves
- Add olive oil to a nonstick skillet. Cook sandwiches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side, until cheese melted and bread golden brown.
Complete the meal with a fresh spinach salad.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.grymca.org/outreach/farmers-market