Roasted Summer Veggies with Chicken Sausage
Ingredients (find at the farmers market!):
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. EACH dried oregano leaves, dried parsley & garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. EACH salt, black pepper & cracked red pepper
- 3 c. red potatoes, diced (don’t have to peel)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 c. baby carrots
- 10 radishes, cut in half
- 1 12oz. package pre-cooked chicken sausage, cut into ’coin’ shape, about 1/4 inch thick (we used apple chicken sausage)
- 1 zucchini, cut into ’coin’ shape, about 1/4 inch thick
- Garnish: Fresh grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix oil and spices
- Add in all vegetables and sausage except zucchini. Gently mix with oil/spices.
- Spread onto two baking sheets coated with non-stick spray (don’t overcrowd the pans). Try to leave small amount of oil/spices in bowl for zucchini.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile toss sliced zucchini in the bowl that had oil/spices to lightly coat.
- At the end of 20 minutes, add the zucchini to the rest of the vegetables/sausage, stir and return to over for 10-15 more minutes, stirring at least once. Bake until vegetables are crisp tender. Note: zucchini is a softer veggie and takes less time to cook.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese
Nutrition classes, recipes, & tips available at ymcawichita.org/nutrition
Jul. 10, 2018