Mediterranean Inspired Frittata
December Recipe of the Month
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- 1 c. fresh chopped spinach (loosely packed)
- 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c. chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped diced purple onions
- 1/4 c. sliced Kalamata olives
- 1.4 c. feta cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp. fresh minced parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix tomatoes, onion, pepper, spinach, olives, 2 tablespoons of feta and parsley in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Crack eggs in a bowl, whisk in the milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet (or other ovenproof pan) over medium-low heat. Add olive oil to pan and swim pan to coat bottom.
- Pour egg mixture into heated skillet. Cook on stove top for 5-6 minutes until bottom is set (can use rubber spatula to gently left up edges to see if starting to set).
- Springle tomato/veggie mixture on top. Transfer pan to oven and bake 15-18 minutes until frittata has puffed up, is golden brown and doesn't have any "jiggle" to it.
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving. Sprinkle and remaining feta cheese and garnish with additional parsley.
Dec. 3, 2018