September Recipe of the Month
Sweet Chili Chicken & Coconut Rice
- 1 1/2 c. instant brown rice
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 6 c. broccoli florets
- 1/2 c. sweet chili peanut sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- Black cracked red pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan combine coconut milk, water, rice and salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 more minutes. Fluff with fork.
- While rice cooks, heat a large pan or wok over medium high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and the broccoli. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally to soften. Add 1/4 cup water and cover pan to continue to steam broccoli until tender crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the heated pan. Add the chicken, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, until no longer pink. Add 1/4 cup water and stir occasionally, cooking approximately 2 more minutes, until chicken cooked through (to 165 degrees).
- Add peanut sauce, stir to coat the chicken. Add broccoli back to the pan. Taste, season with salt/pepper as needed. Serve over the coconut rice. Garnish with cilantro.
Complete the meal with a bowl of fresh berries!
Sep. 10, 2018