Join one of our themed fitness challenges that are a great way to make new friends. Enjoy accountability and see results as your team works with a Y Certified Trainer*. Also features: pre and post fitness assessments, goal setting, weekly nutrition aid from a registered dietitian, special events, and team competitions.
* Y Certified Trainer only available for New You, Summer Slim Down, and Fall Fit Challenges
- 100 Mile Swim Club Challenge yourself to swim 100 miles over the course of a year and earn a a free t-shirt. (Included in membership)
- Racquetball Tournament (February) - Test your skills on the court with this annual event for all skill levels at the Downtown YMCA. (Fees apply)
- New You 12-Week Challenge (February-April) - Get support from a Y expert personal trainer who will help you achieve maximum results and reach your goals in the Y's 12-week New You Challenge! Feel better as you lose weight, boost energy and tone muscles while you make new friends. Meets 3 times/week. (Fees apply) Learn More
- Battle of the Bulge (Thanksgiving-New Year’s) - Avoid weight gain over the holidays and finish the year strong with a personal challenge. (Fees apply)
- Group Exercise 12-Class Challenge (Thanksgiving-New Year's) - Stay active through the holidays with this challenge to attend 12 YMCA group exercise classes. (Fees apply)
Put yourself to the test of an indoor or outdoor triathlon featuring swimming, running and biking.
2019 Triathlon Calendar
- January 20 - Downtown YMCA (indoor)
- March 24 - Andover YMCA (indoor)
- May 5 - Northwest YMCA (indoor/outdoor)
- Indoor: Swim 500 yds, Bike 6 mi, Run 2 mi
- Indoor/outdoor: Swim 400 yds, Bike 12 mi, Run 2.8 mi
4 Week Progressive Training
- 3 different Specialized Group Trainings offered to improve your skills: swimming, cycling, and running
- For all skill levels
- Offered at the Andover, Downtown, and Northwest YMCAs
- Each training meets 1x per wk for 4 weeks
- Begins in November - sign-up at your Y for 1 or all 3 disciplines
- Fee: $35 per session Group Training for each discipline meets 1x/wk for 4 weeks
- Which bikes are used for each tri?
Upright cybex for Andover and Downtown, BYOB for Northwest
- Should I change after swimming?
It's up to you but it adds to your time
- What should I wear?
Something suitable for running, cycling and getting wet
- When will I know my start time?
Andover and Downtown do a heat style race, and Northwest does a serpentine
- Can I sign up and get the same start time as my friend?
We can't guarantee start times or swim times.
- Am I guaranteed a shirt?
Yes, if signing up a month in advance for your specific shirt size.