Studies have shown that when school ends for the summer - for far too many kids - so does learning, physical activity, social engagement, and other benefits of full, planned days. The Greater Wichita YMCA, committed to the health and well-being of our entire community, is encouraging all parents and families to make a plan - to unlock imagination and ignite fun - this summer for kids and the entire family.
A plan could simply include a commitment to spending more time together, or it could be as specific as how many play dates or swim lessons a child will have. The plan should certainly include meals, learning, and fun for kids. We offer dozens of programs and offerings each summer that help parents, individuals, and couples make and keep their plan including:
- 12 weeks of camp - day, discovery, rodeo, sports, special interest, and teen camps - for kids ages 6-16
- Four outdoor water parks in Andover and Wichita between Memorial Day and Labor day weekends
- 800+ group exercise classes - indoors and in the water - each week for adults, older kids, and families
- Exercise, cooking, and day-long programs and evening programs especially designed for kids and families
- Nine branch locations with open courts, open pools, indoor tracks, and other air conditioned spaces to enjoy
- Organized, recreational sports - including baseball, softball, basketball, and volleyball - for kids and adults alike
- Income-based financial assistance for membership, camp, and programs is available to those who qualify
We encourage you to explore our offerings and summer programs - the tiles below represent some of our most-popular . . .
READY TO GET STARTED?
When you're ready to start planning your family's BEST SUMMER EVER - just choose a tile below:
ANOTHER REASON Y
We offer families and kids a summer full of fun and provide dozens of other support programs for healthy spirit, mind, and body including: